Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Light of Life

Lighted Path at Maple Grove
  "Your Word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path"
(Psalm 119:105).

When darkness surrounds us it's hard to see where we are going.  We stumble and grope as if we have no sight.  A lamp deliberately placed so that it lights up the walkway keeps us from tripping and falling. 

The same is true of our spiritual walk.  We live in a world full of spiritual darkness where the truth of God is covered up with lies and deceits.  People rebel against God and reject the truth.  Groping in the dark, they stray from the right path and lose their way. 

Jesus is the Light that shines in the world of spiritual darkness.  He said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).  God gave us His Word to reveal this truth to us and to show us the path to eternal life.

"You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my
darkness into light"  (2 Samuel 22:29).

No comments:

Post a Comment