Friday, May 13, 2011

Oops


  "If you, LORD, kept a record of sins, LORD, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can,
with reverence, serve you" (Psalm 130:3-4).

This would have been one awesome photo!  Would have been, if I hadn't messed it up.  I waited patiently by the window for one of the Robins to come to the nest with food for the nestlings.  I do that a lot--stand patiently by the window with my camera ready, waiting for the good shot. 

Lady Robin flew up to the nest, and just as I was about to press the shutter button, Sir Robin suddenly appeared.  I was so stunned that I looked up as I released the shutter and messed up the shot.  Of course then it was too late to get another good one.

Sometimes that's the way it is with our Christian walk.  We start out on course, but then we get distracted, and we mess up the opportunity to do what is pleasing to God.  But with God there is forgiveness, and He gives us many opportunities to be a good witness for Him. 

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 2:22-23).

No comments:

Post a Comment