Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fear Not


"For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I am the one who helps you'" (Isaiah 41:13).

The baby Robins are getting stronger.  They flit about in the nest with eager activity, standing and stretching and watching the world around them.  For the most part, they feel very secure and safe. When they were younger, they didn't notice when I would slide open the window to sneak a quick peek at them, but now they cower down in fear. Their fear instinct has kicked in.  That's a good thing, because they are going to need it.

We, too, have fear instincts that protect us from danger. Unfortunately, we have also trained ourselves (or allowed Satan to persuade us) to be afraid and to worry excessively every time trouble draws near.  Jesus assures us that He is always with us and is our Strength.  When we put our trust in Him, He gives us peace and joy and a sure hope that will not disappoint us.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid" (John 14:27).

No comments:

Post a Comment