Friday, May 20, 2011

Not the End



"See, the LORD your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the LORD, the God of your fathers, told you.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged" (Deuteronomy 1:21).

I gently slid the window open to peek at the nestlings who hatched from their eggs only two weeks ago.  All three of them were facing outward, peering over the edge of the nest.  As I raised my camera to capture a photo, they all sprang from the nest and flew straight ahead.  Their abrupt flight startled me and left me feeling disappointed that I wouldn't see them again.  I reflected on what a joy it had been to watch them grow and mature, and I was glad I was there to see them fly away.  I stared at the distant trees and realized that a wonderful new world was waiting for them to experience.

A wonderful new world is waiting for those who belong to Christ. Whoever believes in Him "has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life (John 5:24)As long as we are here on this Earth, we continue to grow and mature in our faith until He brings all things to completion.  At that time, He will create a new heaven and a new earth, so that death is not the end but only the beginning.

 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. . . and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away" (Revelation 21:1-4).

Thank you for following Lady Robin's story.  Continue to visit http://www.skyredatnight.blogspot.com/ for more observations of God's presence among us.  God bless you.


Jesus said, ". . . whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life" (John 4:13-14). 

No comments:

Post a Comment