Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Waiting Game


"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10).

It has been three days since Lady Robin built her nest on our bathroom window sill.  I haven't seen her since then.  Don't ask me why.  From what I've read about robins, she builds her nest and then lays one egg a day until there are three to four eggs in the nest.  Then she begins to incubate them.  So now it's the waiting game. Only time will tell if she decided she didn't like the location of her nest after all, or if she's not ready to lay her eggs.

This reminds me of how impatient we can be waiting to see what God has in store for us.  What is it that you are waiting for?  God has a plan for you.  In His time and in His way, He will reveal it. And it will be good.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jeremiah 29:11).


No comments:

Post a Comment