Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Refuge and Shelter

Bed and Breakfast at Maple Grove
"You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in their distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat" (Isaiah 25:4).

During a long, cold winter with heavy winds, snow, sleet and ice, I find myself looking forward to sunnier, warmer days.  But when the intense heat and dryness of summer stretches on and on, I long for cooler, breezier days.  When it comes to the weather, it seems like I'm never satisfied, but in both cases I am immensely grateful for the shelter and safety of my home. 

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1).

When the physical and spiritual storms of life attack me, my God is always there as my refuge and my shelter.  He warms the coldest corners of my heart with the radiance of His Son's love and grace. He satisfies my scorched and thirsty soul with His Spirit of wisdom and truth. 

Do you feel troubled or distressed?  I pray that when life is hard, when your heart is cold, or when your temper is hot, that you will remember the One who longs to be your refuge and shelter. 

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust'" (Psalm 91:1-2).

No comments:

Post a Comment