Monday, February 14, 2011

New Every Morning

 
Dawn following a storm at Maple Grove
 "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you” (Isaiah 44:22).

I rise early in the morning while dawn's first light begins to break through the darkness. I can see that the dark clouds of the night storm are being swept away into the distant eastern sky.  They no longer pose a threat or danger. Any fear I felt from the previous night's storm is lifted. 

It is the same with my sins.  The darkness of my sinful thoughts and offenses could hover over me like a storm cloud, burdening me with guilt, shame and fear.  The Light of God's love, however, reveals that with Him there is forgiveness.  Even though I daily sin much and deserve God's wrath, Christ has redeemed me from my prison of sin.  He freely and daily offers forgiveness, life and salvation to everyone who believes and trusts in Him.

Are there any sins--wrong thoughts or deeds, disbelief or offenses--that burden you so that you live with fear, resentment or regret?  Return to God and receive His unfailing love and forgiveness. 

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning" (Lamentations 3:22-23).

No comments:

Post a Comment